Pegasys+riba and Alcohol

Hello, I'm from Lithuania. My treatment of 24 weeks with pegasys+ribavrin is coming to an end results are great my HCV is gone. Wanna ask how much time must pass after treatment before I can drink alcohol again???

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Good question! Congratualtions, but it aint over yet! You will be officially cleared 6 months after stopping the Peg and intereron. I would wait until then, get the all clear result, then moderation! Generally, your liver should gradually recover to entirely normal in a time of months to years. Dont reduce your chances of that by drinking too much. Keep your alcohol use to 1- 2drinks per day which is the suggested limit. Stay well! DTD

marijuana and the liver
genotype 1A