Oct 10, 2005
Do cholesterol levels represent how well the liver is? I've heard an oriental medicine doctor on the radio said when the is liver is not well, it cannot filter the cholesterols that enter the body then that's why the choleterol levels are high. Please help me understand. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Good question! Actually the liver does process cholesterol and uses it to manufacture lots of things. However, people with severe liver disease have trouble making cholesterol and their cholesterol levels are low. People with high sugar and cholesterol may have fatty livers for a time, but when the livers become cirrhotic,the cholesterol goes down! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.