Time frame of testing for hep C

I had exposure to Hepatits C nine months ago.Sex with a female partner. Two months after contact I got really sick, sore thoat,weigth loss (11lbs) joint pain and white coating on tongue( not Thrush). The sore thoat went away, but I still have the other symptoms I tested at the five month period and the eigth month period using the HCV anti body tetsing. Both were negative. Can you tell me how accurate that test is and what is the window period for HCV. Also tested neg for HBV on all three panels. HIV has been ruled out. Thank you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

The HCV antibodies will usually appear by about 3 months or so. Heterosexual sex is not really a risk factor. It sounds like you had a cold. However you should use this occaison to get vaccinated for hepatitis A and B. Stay well and safe! DTD

titers
PLz General queries abt HBV/HIV