Oct 5, 2005
hi Dr. D---
Hep B vax series given... 2 years after completion of series, titers are Hep B Surf Ab 38.8 H mIU/mL (ref range 0.0-8.9)...I thought I read somewhere that titers have to be over 100. Is 38.8 a vigorous and effective immune response for protective immunity? Thanks.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes it sure is! Keep it up there! Check again in 5 years or so and consider hep A vaccine too. DTD
Follow up Q
Time frame of testing for hep C
- Is Tingling In Feet An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Scared I Have AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Can Vaginal Infections Cause Wbc In Urine?
- Is Clindamycin Used To Treat Some Sexually Transmitted Disease?
- What Ways Can You Get Trichomoniasis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.