Oct 5, 2005
hi Dr. D---
Hep B vax series given... 2 years after completion of series, titers are Hep B Surf Ab 38.8 H mIU/mL (ref range 0.0-8.9)...I thought I read somewhere that titers have to be over 100. Is 38.8 a vigorous and effective immune response for protective immunity? Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Yes it sure is! Keep it up there! Check again in 5 years or so and consider hep A vaccine too. DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Saliva?
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Fingered?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.