Follow up Q

Dr. Dieterich

My DNA Quant. test came today(negative )after been on Lamuvdine ( zeffix 100 ) for 5 months.

Neg.HBeAG AND Positive.HBeAB same as before starting my treatment.

Please i need your opinion for using the medicin period is it SAFE ? and do you think the virus will be cleared?.Is there is any opinion when it is safe to stop the treatment?

Below is my last messagefor you with the reply.

Thanks again for your time.

46 years male, normal LFTs,Ultra sound,AFP test and negative delta hep. HepbE ag = negative HepbE ab = positive looks like i got it since a child because all my sisters and brothers are the same but not my mother!! I am Diabatic on diet(no medicin)

Viral load quant. = 5000 c/ml

My doctor put me on Zeffix and the twin hep B+A VACINE 5 weeks a go with no side effect to this drug. he thinks that i am having a daibatic risc so it is better to be treated is it a right opinion and if not what is going to happend if i have no responce after 3 monthes and I stop taking zeffix?

Thanks alot for your help

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I agree with your doctor. I don't know what zeffix is, but if it is lamivudine or adefovir, then I think you are doing the right thing.Keep it up! DTD

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is very safe. Keep taking it for as long as you can! The virus may become resistant after a while but hopefully you can find some adefovir for your HBV. Stay well! DTD

chronic hepatitis B
titers