chronic hepatitis B

four years ago I got a blood test when I was pregnant. HBsAg (+), Anti-HBsAg(-), HBeAg(+)and Anti-HBeAg(-).with no virus replication(HBV-DNA(-)) since last year. but now HBsAg (+), Anti-HBsAg(-) stil the same but HBeAg(-)and Anti-HBeAg(+). but virus replication (HBV-PCR(+) with 33000 replication ) what is going on with me and what is the risk of developing cirrosis or liver cancer for me. thanks in advance

Response from Dr. Dieterich

This is a tough one. The Hepatitis B virus is very untrustworthy! It comes and goes for no apparent reason. Although 4 years ago, the HBV DNA test may not have been as sensitive so it may have missed the level. That is a level that may need a liver biopsy and then treatment. Unforunately, the length of treatment is going to be for quite some time. Good question, thanks for asking and good luck! DTD

Dr. DIETRICH - 10th time - please ANSWER A MED STUDENT - IRRESPONSIBLE BLOOD EXPOSURE
Follow up Q