Hep B risk to baby?

I took my 1 month old baby with me to drop my pre-school aged kids off at school. Well, my pediatrician doesn't start the Hep B immunizations until 2 months of age. If a child at the school had Hep B and had a cut or something and touched my babies mouth would this pose a risk to my baby? I did not see any blood on the kids nor did my baby have a cut anywhere. I just worry about her mouth or eyes? Is Hep B common in children or do most hospitals now adays screen the moms for Hep B and treat the babies if needed? Help.... I am really concerned about this.

For the lips to be a source of transmission would there have to be a cut on them or would blood touching intact lips pose a risk? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

You are a very concerned Mom! Relax. All mothers are screened for Hep B in this country and if they are positive, then the babies are given vaccine and gamma globulin at birth. It is not realistic for one baby to give it to another at 1 month of age. There are lots of other things to worry about, like saving for college etc. This is one is not worth your time! DTD

Lifespan HCV
Dr. DIETRICH - 10th time - please ANSWER A MED STUDENT - IRRESPONSIBLE BLOOD EXPOSURE