Lifespan HCV

Hello Dr. Dietrich, First i have to excuse me for my bad english. but im a german girl visiting your page because the pages in german doesnt give me an answer to my question. so i hope that you can help me. i searched the internet for lifespan of HCV and there were so many different answers on this questions. it reached from hours to five months in dried blood. how comes the answers are so different. is it realistic to say HCV can live for five months and still transmit infection? Or is this simply wrong. On what answer can i really trust? I still found on your site answers to that questions, but it would be very friendly if you could tell me if it is for sure that HCV can not transmit infection for longer than a few days. I hope its not to difficult for you to understand my question. thank you so much for your answer. Yor are really doing a great job and yor site is fantastic. The best wishes from germany to you

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Your English is quite good! Better than some native speakers! The virus can only live outside the body for a few days at best. Then it can live only if the conditions are right. Transmission of HCV that way is exceedingly rare. Months is not correct. DTD

Blood in ejaculate, and possible ERROR in a previous answer
Hep B risk to baby?