Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Blood in ejaculate, and possible ERROR in a previous answer
Sep 26, 2005

In a previous answer stated below...Did you mean if there is "NO" blood involved. This seems like a significant omission. My boyfriend has HIV and HCV he has had blood in his ejaculate, and I'm really concerned about it.

I read that you wrote:

Sexual transmission of HCV is very rare, although more common in the presence of HIV. Heterosexual vaginal intercourse represents a low risk of transmission of HCV as long as there is blood involved. By the way you don't need a liver biopsy to get treated for HCV. You are doing so well now with HIV consider the pegylated interferon and ribavirin this year and you can possibly cure the HCV and not have to worry about it! Good luck! DTD

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Good point! That is a very important one. Blood in the ejaculate is pretty unusual and if it happens more than once or twice, should be followed up. Your boyfriend should see a urologist and you should be using condoms anyway because of the HIV! DTD

Previous
hepatitis
Next
Lifespan HCV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.