Sep 25, 2005
is there any treatment for a person who is diagnosed with steatohepatitis . thanks
Response from Dr. McGovern
Good question. There are trials ongoing right now to determine what may be a good medication.
In the meantime, if you are overweight I would consider a weight reduction program. If you have problems with cholesterol or triglycerides I would certainly get treatment for that. If your diabetes is out of control, I would work on that as well with your physician. All of these are risk factors for fatty liver.
Discuss with your doctor if you are in an area that is having a treatment study trial for this problem.
Hepb and tranquilizer meds
Can a HBV non-active carrier be treated?
- Does HIV Cause Itchy Vagina?
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.