Hepb and tranquilizer meds

Dear Mrs Mc Govern

I'm inactive carrier of hepb, e-antigen negative and HBV DNA between 1,000-25,000 cp/ml in the last 10 semiannual checks, otherwise healthy. I have periodically insomnia problems and I would like to ask yoyr opinion on medications that could help me without negative effects on my liver. I tried natural products in the past without success. Also my wife has done the Hepb vaccine and she has 3,000 antibodies now - is this safe for her?

Thank you for the kind help

With your physician, you may want to discuss his or her view of sleep medications. I find a low dose of trazadone is effective in my liver patients and is well tolerated. There are certainly other choices which your doctor may prefer.

Your wife is protected with such a good antibody level.

Dr. M

another question
steatohepatitis