Sep 25, 2005
Dear Dr McGovern, Here are my Heptitis lab results. Hep B Sur Ag Neg,Hep B Sur Ab Pos, Hep B Core Ab Neg and Anti-Hep C Ab Neg and I had a blood transfusion 11 years ago, did I get Hep B Sur Ab Pos from the blood transfusion?. Is it contagious?. will it lead to liver cancer? Thank you very much for your time.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your results are consistent with having hepatitis B vaccine when you were young. You are protected from infection.
pain on liver
- Hepatitis C And Staph Infections
- Peripheral Neuropathy And Upper Lip Numbness Tingling
- How Possible Is It To Get Hiv After Unprotected Sex Once?
- Can U Get Hiv From Someone's Blood Getting In Your Food?
- Over The Counter Medicine For Thrush On The Vagina
- How Soon After Contracting Hiv Is A Person Contagious?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.