Sep 25, 2005
I am a chronic carrier of HBV. Do I have to worry about superinfection by another strain of HBV?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Superinfection with hepatitis B is not described. However, I would certainly do all the things you need to do to prevent ANY infection, including HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Mutual Masturbation?
- Can You Catch HIV From Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Having Sex During Period?
- Can You Get AIDS From Oral Sex With No Protection?
- Can You Get HIV From Dried Semen?
- Do People Get AIDS From Blowjob?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.