Sep 25, 2005
Hi, I had unprotected sex with a high risk lady, way back in 2000/2001. After a few weeks I good flu-like symptoms..just got tested a last month. The results of all other STIs were negative. I only had a positive on the "HB Surface antigen"..Do I have chronic HB, am I a carrier or not? Hope to hear from you soon.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If the surface antigen is positive you are a chronic carrier. I cannot say if you are active or inactive carrier without further testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue A Sign Of HIV?
- Sore On Mouth Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Ache In Testicles After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.