Sep 25, 2005
my cd4 count went from 36to 190 in a period of 18 months. after my last labs it was 165. should I be concerned? I am now taking trisiver, reyetez and norvir. have not missed any dosages in 18 months. hep C pos. no drinking or drugs.Please advise
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The main thing I would track is your CD4 percentage which is a more stable number to follow (and I think more informative) and your HIV RNA. Whether hepatitis C has a negative effect on T cell gain on HAART is controversial. An article came out just this week that found no effect.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can Mucous In Stool Be An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.