Sep 25, 2005
my cd4 count went from 36to 190 in a period of 18 months. after my last labs it was 165. should I be concerned? I am now taking trisiver, reyetez and norvir. have not missed any dosages in 18 months. hep C pos. no drinking or drugs.Please advise
Response from Dr. McGovern
The main thing I would track is your CD4 percentage which is a more stable number to follow (and I think more informative) and your HIV RNA. Whether hepatitis C has a negative effect on T cell gain on HAART is controversial. An article came out just this week that found no effect.
hep c asthma
- Mutual Masturbation Scared To Death
- What Is The Risk Of Anal Fingering?
- Do Night Sweats Mean I Have Hiv?
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.