Can a fully Hep B vaccinated person be infected?

I had completed the 3-shot hep B vaccine series a year before I met my boyfriend who has chronic hep B. Will I get infected if we engage in sexual activities? I work in a hospital. Could I potentially be a "carrier" to the patients? Because of my profession, I am required to take another hep B titer test if I switch jobs. Will my antibody count become lower over time with exposure to the virus? Also, is there just one hep B vaccine for all the clades of the virus? If the virus mutates and develops resistance to some antiviral medications, will I still be protected by the vaccine? Should I be monitored with lab tests?

You will want to discuss with your provider that your sexual partner is a chronic carrier. In this case, I like to check the antibody levels to be certain that they are in a protective range. The vaccine is very effective in preventing transmission.

Dr. M

please comment HBV
What do the results mean?