Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Kindly let me know what i am suffering from
Sep 25, 2005

I have pain in upper right quadrant of abdomen since past two months (ribs, liver). Feel leathargy. lost 3 kgs over three months.

I feel sometimes : mild fever and headache have muscule aches, hoarse voice and difficult to speak for long, tongue tasteless or sour. Spits of green/yellow sticky.

Done the following tests to check about liver disease condition. HIV (I & II) - Elisa Negative Thyroid Stimulating Hormone # (TSH) 2.23 uIU/mL Anti Hepatitis C Virus - Total (AHCV) Negative Hepatitis B Surface Antigen (HBsAg) Negative Anti Hepatitis B Surface Antigen - Total (AHBs - T) Negative Anti Hepatitis B Core Antigen - Total (AHBc - T) Negative Anti Hepatitis B Core Antigen - IgM (AHBc - IgM) Negative Hepatitis B Envelope Antigen (HBeAg) Negative Anti Hepatitis B Envelope Antigen - Total (AHBe-T) Negative Alpha Feto Protein (AFP) 2.5 IU/mL Biliubin (Direct) 0.15 mg/dL Biliubin (INDirect) 0.36 mg/dL Biliubin (Total) 0.51 mg/dL Gamma Glutamyl Transferase 44.00 U/L SGOT (AST) 33.00 U/L SGPT (ALT) 29.00 U/L Alkaline Phosphatase 94.00 U/L Serum Albumin/Globulin Ratio 1.23 ratio Protein - Total 7.80 g/dL Serum Albumin/Globulin Ratio 4.30 g/dL Glucose Fasting 80.4 mg/dL HBV DNA Not detected

Result of Ultrasound of Abdomen and pelvis : Impressions : The liver is bright s/o fatty liver. It is normal size and outline, Two small ill defined hypodense lesions are seen in the gallbladder fossa largest measuring 1 cm. There are of inderterminate etiology??? Focal fatty sparing.A CT abdomen required for further evaluation.

Kindly evaluate what i am suffering from, Pls suggest whats the cause, diagnosis, current status and treatments.

Response from Dr. McGovern

I will comment on the issue of hepatitis only - you will need to discuss the rest of your results and liver ultrasound further with your physician since I am not there to examine you or speak with your regarding your history.

You have complete reassurance that you do not have hepatitis B. Your hepatitis C RNA has not been checked, but it would be very unusual to have a negative antibody with viremia in this situation since your liver function tests appear to be normal as well. However, you have not given me reference ranges for these labs so I have made some assumptions. You have not been tested for hepatitis A but that does not cause chronic hepatitis. Your liver may be fatty and this can be evaluated further with a biopsy if your physician thinks this is indicated at this specific time point.

Dr. McGovern

Previous
Need any treatment or not ??
Next
pls help

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.