What is Hepatitis B Core Positive?

Sir,I'm 37 years old female,married and staying with my spouse &kids. About a year ago I had taken first dose of Hepatitis B.but coulnot take remaining two doses.Recently I did my blood test.The result is "Hepatitis B Core Positive".I'm worried.Kindly advice me if I'm at risk of getting cronic Liver infection?What is the treatment?Kindly advice.

My next question would be: Did you get tested for hepatitis B before vaccination? Core antibody is positive only in the setting of prior exposure to infection - not vaccine.

Your next set of tests needs to include hepatitis B surface antigen and surface antibody. It is impossible to interpret core antibody in isolation.

Dr. McGovern

Entry level health-care workers and risk of infection
4 dead hepa B?