|Is it ok to put off treatment for HCV infection?
Sep 25, 2005
I took your advice and got a liver biopsy, I'm at grade 1 , stage 0. My HCV viral load is high but my doctor has left it up to me to seek treatment saying the biopsy should be repeated in 2 years. I chose to put treatment off awhile, is this ok?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I think this is definitely okay. This is one of the reasons I like to get a biopsy. The level of your virus tells nothing about the activity of your disease. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Vaginal Secretions Could I Have HIV
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Razors?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Massage?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Vaginal Sex With Condom?
- Are Swollen Lymph Nodes A Sign Of AIDS?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.