Mar 28, 2001
Is it impossible for someone to have a positive testing result for Hepatitis B surface antigen and a positive testing result for antibody? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
No.Hepatitis B antibody starts to be detectable in the blood after the antigen is cleared.The positive antibody is a sign of inmmunity after the B virus infection is resolved.
Hep C and homosexual relationship
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hiv Cause Low Lymphocytes?
- Contracting Hiv From Used Hair Trimming Machine
- Do They Test For Hiv In Routine Blood Tests?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.