Mar 28, 2001
Is it impossible for someone to have a positive testing result for Hepatitis B surface antigen and a positive testing result for antibody? Thank you.
| Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
No.Hepatitis B antibody starts to be detectable in the blood after the antigen is cleared.The positive antibody is a sign of inmmunity after the B virus infection is resolved.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Enlarged Lymph Nodes?
- Can You Catch Hepatitis B From Saliva?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.