Mar 28, 2001
Is it impossible for someone to have a positive testing result for Hepatitis B surface antigen and a positive testing result for antibody? Thank you.
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
No.Hepatitis B antibody starts to be detectable in the blood after the antigen is cleared.The positive antibody is a sign of inmmunity after the B virus infection is resolved.
Hep C and homosexual relationship
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Vaginal Discharge Cause Sores?
- Causative Agents Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- How Does Hydrogen Peroxide Cure Vaginal Infections?
- How Long After Sex Do Symptoms Of A Std Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.