Sep 19, 2005
Can entecavir eliminate hepatitis B virus out in my body system? What is the chance?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Good question! Can hep B be eliminted period? That is the question! The answer is I just don't know. entecavir is a very potent new anti Hep B drug. It is rapid acting and works really well. It can certainly suppress hep B very well. I do think that if we suppress it long enough and effectively enough, then there is a chance that it can be eliminated. That will require taking medication for many years however, not just a year or so. Thanks for asking! DTD
Hep. A , B , C
Reticular Liver Parenchyal Disease
- Insurance Coverage For Buffalo Hump Surgery Removal
- Prostitutes Hiv Statistics
- What Is The Difference Between Shingles And Herpes?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Antibiotics Can Help Treat Chlamydia?
- Syphilis And Joint And Muscle Aches
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.