Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV TranSMISSION???? NOBODY WILL HELP PLEASE!!!
Sep 14, 2005

I had protected vaginal sex with a women 2 weeks ago. However after having sex I noticed that I had a white head/pimple about 3 inches above the base of my penis.(This was a result of shaving my pubic region 2 days earlier) I'm worried that I could have gotten hiv. What if her vaginal secretions came in contact with my pimple? Am I at risk? I have read that individuals with herpes are more likly to contract HIV because their skin is damaged, which allows the virus to enter the body. My pimple had a white head on it so I don't know if I am at risk? Nobody wants to answer my question while for the past two weeks I have lived with the paranoia of dying. I feel that my glands are swollen; one in my right armpit and one in my neck, I feel fatigued depressed, and scared. I don't know what to do because I haven't received any help regarding my question. I am uneducated regarding HIV and don't know if a pimple/ ingrown hair would be easy access for hiv to be transmitted.Thank you and god bless

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Paranoia is the key word here. Stop with the guilt already! That is a very low risk behavior so relax. If it will help you can go get tested but go see a mental health professional to help you understand why you are so worried about this encounter! Good luck! DTD

Previous
hepatitis C aspiran and lipitor
Next
HCV treatment preliminaries

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.