For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Need any treatment or not ??

Dear Doctor,

if there is no active viral replication shown like i.e HbeAg- HbeAb+ HBV DNA in PCR (qualitative) negitive is there any chances remain for HCC while only HbsAg+

how can someone determine that body clear away the infectious dane particles successfully and only non infectious particles remains left, i am asking you because after my tests my doctor said that you having only HBV non infectious empty particles in your blood that will remain in the blood that's why HbsAg showing positive.

please help me in this confusion.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Good question! Your doctor is correct. The HB surface antigen is just a protein and is not in itself, infectious. However since the virus is integrated into your DNA, there is a slightly increased risk of HCC because of that. If we did DNA probes of your liver, we might find some HBV DNA. Keep screening! DTD

another question
Kindly help