Urine and Hep
Mar 28, 2001
Can hep or hiv be spread by urine eg. on cut?
Response from Dr. Rodriguez-Torres
It would be very improbable to have HCV transmitted this way,but it is in theory,possible. It would need blood to be present in the urine and very rapid contact to occur with an open wound with overt vessels.This is not the usual way of infection and would be a rare event.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Burning And Irritation?
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
- Emotional Effects Of Stds
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.