HBV transmission confused

Dear Dr. DTD,

Mixed information & my MD confused me about the transmission of HBV. My Md told HBV can transmit throught saliva & contaminated food. Some websites even said food and drink utensils can transmit and some don't. I am very confused. Please help me to clear, I am not in the situation to ask my MD about this. Also, does low fat or vegetarian diet cause immunosupressant and is green tea ok for inactive HBV carriers? Thanks.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Hepatitis B is not transmitted through utensils and food. Hepatitis A is transmitted orally and from food. Hepatitis B is transmitted by blood and is sexually transmitted. Safe sex is enough to prevent transmission of hep B, however your partner can and should be vaccinated for hepatitis B. If you don't have antibodies to A then you should also be vaccinated for hep A. Diet does not have an effect on hepatitis progression with the obvious exception of alchohol. Stay well! DTD

Heart Damage? Please answer..
please help me...