|co infected spouse
Aug 29, 2005
My husband is HIV positive. We have always had protected sex. Recently he has be diagnosed with Hep C. Is the transmission for Hep C blood only? Can it be transmitted via unprotected sex? Should I get tested?
Response from Dr. Dieterich
You should really read the FAQ's. There are hundreds about this topic. HCV is not really an STD among monogamous heterosexuals. It is transmitted mostly by blood but can be transmitted, in my opinion by anal sex. Hence it is an STD among some gay men with and without HIV. Keep having safe sex and you should be fine. HCV is actually less likely to be spread than HIV. Stay safe! DTD
Test Result Meaning
Hep C Transmisson amoung Men with Men
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.