HIV+Hepatitis+Hemophilia

Is it too late for Interferon, or ill-advised, for my brother? I have two brothers with HIV, HEP C, and Hemophilia. "O' also is Bi-polar. He has had a liver biopsy, and regular infusions of new white blood cells. "Y" wants to die, naturally. "O' wants to try interferon, but they keep pushing the starting date forward because of Virolgy testing. The skin under his eyes is green. Can he survive the interferon, or is it too late? Both brothers are cavalier about their illness, they take so many pills. Tell me what you think...

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is no guarantee, of course of what will happen. However if they don't try then there is no chance that the hepatitis will get better. If their cirrhosis is very serious, then the interferon dose can be gradually increased along with the ribavirin. They should also be referred to the local liver transplant center. If the treatment does not work and they need a transplant, the transplant will cure the hemophilia too! I would say go for it! It is never too late! DTD

oral sex and hep b from Dubai
Please help me put this into perspective.