Inteferon injections

I know you have probably seen this question so many times but I feel I have to seek some type of relief. my brother has HIV, was diagnosed last year after being gravely ill..(which was devastating) for the family...we just found out he needs to begin taking the inteferon injections once a week for 3 months and monitored to see if they help his liver, his liver count i think is to high, we were told he would have flu like symptoms, depression, and fatigue, and if the medicine was going to work it would take the first 3 months to see any success. IF ANY...he is on HIV medication and has been doing well, he took to the medicine like a pro, with little or no side effects..NOW THIS..I just want to know there is hope..I have lost my other 2 brothers at age (32) (47), he is my last and I am so terrified..is there any hope or comfort you can share..I have been crying all day thinking of his suffering and pain.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There is lots of hope to be offered! The medication for HCV treatment is quite successful nowadays and it can be cured! People who tolerated their HIV medication do really well with interferon and ribavirin. He should do really well! Wish him luck! DTD

hep c levaquin
oral sex and hep b from Dubai