|Is it possible to bear a child with HB positive?
Aug 6, 2005
As a young person with Hb positive, is it possible to bear a child in a good health or in other words the virus will not transmitt to to the child. Thank you inadvance.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I assume that you are a chronic carrier of hepatitis B. There are excellent ways of preventing hepatitis transmission to your baby through immunization. You need to discuss this with your OB doctor.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Can Be Detected Through The Elisa Test Within A Few Days Of Contamination?
- Can A Person With HIV Take Valtrex?
- How Long Does Lactic Acidosis Last?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blood Splash?
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Touching Anus?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Needle Stick?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.