inactive Hepatitis B

14 years ago I did blood test and they found that I've Hepatitis B, they told me that the virus is in my blood but not active (sleeping). My liver is good. I did a test again last year and of course I still have the virus and the liver is intact. My wife (marrid for 12 years) and my kids they are not infected at all. My questions: 1) What this means? I read a lot about Hepatitis B but never so inactive word. 2) What is my chances for the virus to start intacting my liver? 3) Every how long I need to repeat the vaccine for my wife and kids? 4) Are there a way to clean my blood from the virus? 5) Is worth to take the vaccine myself?

Patients who have hepatitis B surface antigen but who do not have virus in their blood are inactive carriers.

You do not need treatment if you are inactive. You just need follow up to determine that it stays that way.

Your wife and kids are at low risk if you are inactive. If they want to see if they are still immune, a simple blood test of hepatitis B surface antibody will tell you the level of their protection.

You do not need vaccine. Dr. McGovern

HBsAg reactive
Is it possible to bear a child with HB positive?