Aug 6, 2005
I have been married 7 years and found out my husband has Hepatitis C. In the past years my liver function test has always been normal, with no signs of liver problems.I have also found out my husband had unprotected sex with someone else. I am now afraid to have sex with him knowing what he may transmit to me. Please tell me what I should do? Thank You
Response from Dr. McGovern
Due to your understandable anxiety, I would go to your physician and discuss this situation and ask for testing of sexually transmitted diseases.
Need Facts about Hep C
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Red Bumps On The Vaginal Area With White Heads On Them
- What Does Clear Vaginal Discharge Mean?
- What Is The Rate Of Death To Teens From Stds?
- After Using Pep Is A Three Month Window Period Accurate
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.