|Need Facts about Hep C
Aug 6, 2005
I am female and my boyfriend just disclosed that he has Hep C. We have only had sex four times but it was unprotected. I'm concerned (very) about transmission and mine or my children risk of catching it. Can you clarify for me and also tell me if there is a vaccine. Thank you,
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The risk of transmitting hepatitis C through sex is about 1-3 percent between monogamous couples. Your risk is extremely low but I always recommend complete testing for sexually transmitted diseases in patients who have unprotected intercourse. I am not concerned about your family.
Safe sex is the best approach to protect you - always. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Penis After Touching Dried Semen What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can My Penis Fall Off From An Std?
- Most Common Std's Among College Students
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.