Need Facts about Hep C

I am female and my boyfriend just disclosed that he has Hep C. We have only had sex four times but it was unprotected. I'm concerned (very) about transmission and mine or my children risk of catching it. Can you clarify for me and also tell me if there is a vaccine. Thank you,

The risk of transmitting hepatitis C through sex is about 1-3 percent between monogamous couples. Your risk is extremely low but I always recommend complete testing for sexually transmitted diseases in patients who have unprotected intercourse. I am not concerned about your family.

Safe sex is the best approach to protect you - always. Dr. McGovern

Hepatitis B test result
Hepitis C