HCV and HIV meds together @ same time?

I started about two months ago HCV meds (peg interferon+ riba) and Since I'm also taking Crixivan + Combivir and Colesterol meds (gemfibrozil ) I figured I split up the meds time daily.

I take HCV meds at 9.30 Col. meds @10 HIV @10.30

Would it be possible to take all of them together at the exact same time? Or is it too much for the body to take at once?

That way I can sleep later in the morning without waking up 3 times.

Thanks

Claudio

I am not aware of any need to separate your medications by time. You may want to double check with your pharmacist but I don't see a problem with taking your medications as you suggest - all together. The issue with crixivan is related to taking it on an empty stomach.

THe other possibility that might help you is to take a protease inhibitor which is dosed twice a daily instead of crixivan three times a day. The other possibility is to add ritonavir to crixivan so you can take crixivan twice daily. However, this does increase your risk of kidney stones.

If you are having problems with severe anemia while on ribavirin, I would discuss changing your combivir to other meds with your physician.

Please discuss your concerns further with your doctor or pharmacist in case I am not understanding your question completely.

Dr. McGovern

pcr
Hepatitis B test result