am i at risk?

Hi, my father has just been diagnosed with hep c. We have no idea of how he got it as he does not enter into any of the risk categories. The only thing we can think of is that he had acupuncture about 30 years ago. Since we just found out, no precautions were ever taken. My mother is going to be tested ;my question is should my sister and I get tested? Thanks for your help, Betty

There is no obvious reason for you or your sister to get tested except for the fact that it is not obvious why your father got hepatitis C.

For relief of anxiety, it is reasonable to have a simple blood test. I doubt it will be positive.

Dr. McGovern

Elevated AST, ALT
Hepititis C