considering interfuron treatment

i am hiv pos and have hep c. my liver functions are only slightly elevated and i was wondering first should i have a biopsy to check for how much damage the liver has. second does this treatment have any negative results on the immune system. what we be a good source of research for hiv patients who went through interfuron and what type of results they have had thanx lou

1. I would have a liver biopsy to see if you have any liver damage. You can't tell by blood tests alone. 2. If you need treatment, I would pursue it. The major treatment trials did not show any adverse effects on HIV control. The treatment does lower CD4 counts but has no effect on CD4 percentages, which are much more reliable to follow while on interferon. 3. The largest trial to be done was published in the New England Journal of Medicine in July of 2004.

Dr. McGovern

Can....????
Elevated AST, ALT