hepatitis

My boyfriend was diagnosed with hepatitis, still waiting for the hepatitis studies to see which one. I want to know when is it contageous and can i still get it after he has the symptoms and the yellow colour of the skin and eyes

Let us know which one he has so we can advise you further. However, if you are stating that your boyfriend has developed acute hepatitis with jaundice, you need to see your physician regarding possible preventive measures as soon as you can (ie hepatitis B immune globulin if he has hepatitis B). Dr. McGovern

Hep C Question
Do i need treatment ???