Aug 6, 2005
Please send any clinical trial if exists,for the tratment of HIV and Hep B ,Hepsera as treatment option forHB
Response from Dr. McGovern
To my knowledge there are no clinical trials looking at Hepsera in HIV/HBV patients. However, there is some published data suggesting that this medication is well tolerated and gradually suppresses replication (Benhamou is the author). Other options include entecavir also which does not have any effect on HIV but is potent against HBV. A small clinical trial of this data were recently presented in Boston in February.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bronchitis After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Hair Loss After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Hpv After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Drinking Water Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.