Aug 6, 2005
Please send any clinical trial if exists,for the tratment of HIV and Hep B ,Hepsera as treatment option forHB
| Response from Dr. McGovern
To my knowledge there are no clinical trials looking at Hepsera in HIV/HBV patients. However, there is some published data suggesting that this medication is well tolerated and gradually suppresses replication (Benhamou is the author). Other options include entecavir also which does not have any effect on HIV but is potent against HBV. A small clinical trial of this data were recently presented in Boston in February.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps On Penis Worried It Could Be AIDS
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.