|liver cancer without cirrhosis...
Aug 6, 2005
I know it s unhappily possible to have liver cancer without cirrhosis in Hep B but can we know how often it happens ?? thank you And is it happening in a normal liver or only in only in livers already with little problems
| Response from Dr. McGovern
In untreated patients, the annual incidence of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) differs according to the initial characteristics of the patient population. In carriers without cirrhosis the risk varies with geographical region from 0.2 to 0.6 per cent per year.
HCC usually occurs in patients who have underlying hepatitis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Having Hep A B C Cirrhosis And Cancer
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Receiving Head Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Thrush Cause A Metallic Taste In Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.