Is Hepatitis related to HIV?

I was recently contacted by an ex of mine whom was recently tested for Hep B. Turns out he's positive and wanted to make sure I got tested, but I had already started my Vaccinations because I recently started a job as a lab courier. A nurse then recently told him that you can also get Hep B if you are a carrier for HIV. She said that it may lay dormant in his system. Is this even possible?? I briefly had unprotected sex with him. Do I now have to go get HIV tested or is what this lady told my ex completely false??

Thanks

JB

I am not sure of what the nurse is suggesting quite frankly.

However, as a rule, whenever I diagnose an infection that is sexually transmitted, I always offer HIV testing. I think HIV testing should be done routinely in anyone who has a history of unprotected sex. Knowledge is best. Lack of knowledge hurts.

Dr. McGovern

HIV and Hep C
liver cancer without cirrhosis...