|HIV and Hep C
Aug 6, 2005
Am starting to date someone who is HIV Positive, same as myself. She also has Hep C, what are the chances I can get it from say Sex, both vaginal and oral? And is there something I can do to prevent it short of not having a sexual relationship.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
The risk of transmitting hepatitis C sexually is about 1 to 3 per cent in monogamous couples who only have hepatitis C. We don't know the risk in patients who have both HIV and HCV.
I would advise safe sex with condoms since you both have HIV because of the risk of transmitting another HIV strain to each other.
Oral sex is not a proven route for HCV transmission.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Urethra After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
- What Is The Rate Of Death To Teens From Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.