HIV and Hep C

Am starting to date someone who is HIV Positive, same as myself. She also has Hep C, what are the chances I can get it from say Sex, both vaginal and oral? And is there something I can do to prevent it short of not having a sexual relationship.

The risk of transmitting hepatitis C sexually is about 1 to 3 per cent in monogamous couples who only have hepatitis C. We don't know the risk in patients who have both HIV and HCV.

I would advise safe sex with condoms since you both have HIV because of the risk of transmitting another HIV strain to each other.

Oral sex is not a proven route for HCV transmission.

Dr. McGovern

Safety of Oxandrolone
Is Hepatitis related to HIV?