Aug 5, 2005
my boyfriend has hepa b,but his doctors told him that it is inactive.if we have sex,can the virus be transmitted to me?
Response from Dr. McGovern
If it is "inactive" I suspect that perhaps he is surface antigen positive but does not have virus.
However, this state of infection can change to an active state.
I would get vaccinated against hepatitis B.
I always recommend condoms to protect against all sexually transmitted diseases including HIV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Hpv Cause A Discharge?
- Can I Get Hepatitis C From A Bite Wound?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.