|Hep B Risk from blister on hand
Aug 5, 2005
Over the weekend I did a lot of work in the garden and got a bad blister on one finger. It broke, and I disinfected it with Hydrogen Peroxide.
Almost two days later we met with a lot of friends from Hillcrest, and out of habit shook hands - forgetting about the scab. I worry now about the Hep B risk - am I being a worrywort?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
We can all be "worryworts" from time to time. The only "cure" for that is knowledge. And I do reassure you that you have nothing to worry about. You would need exposure to contaminated blood to an open wound to have a risk.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Tingling Lips Sign Of Seroconversion
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.