Hep B Risk from blister on hand

Over the weekend I did a lot of work in the garden and got a bad blister on one finger. It broke, and I disinfected it with Hydrogen Peroxide.

Almost two days later we met with a lot of friends from Hillcrest, and out of habit shook hands - forgetting about the scab. I worry now about the Hep B risk - am I being a worrywort?

We can all be "worryworts" from time to time. The only "cure" for that is knowledge. And I do reassure you that you have nothing to worry about. You would need exposure to contaminated blood to an open wound to have a risk.

Dr. McGovern

hep b question
HBV Test Results