Hepatitis C and sex

i am 30 years old n i got Hepatitis C n got treated with intereferon with rebazole but after six months pcr is positive in hcv betwen treatment pcr for hcv got my doctor is advising me fo pegasys doc said that my liver is protected but virus remained what should i do and what about sex if am discharge in my partners vagina ,inside anal or mouth is it safe or what i do esp if i do it in anal sex. waiting fo ur kink response. regardz

You need to discuss your hepatitis C status with your partner. Although sexual transmission of hepatitis C is uncommon, it does occur. Your partner needs to be given choices at to whether she wants to take ANY risks at all. Condoms will be preferred if the answer is NO RISK. Anal sex is more risky than vaginal sex due to the issue of increased risk of trauma and exposure to blood.

I recommend condoms to all my patients to prevent all sexually transmitted diseases.

Dr. McGovern

negative hepa b
Your opinion