|Oral sex and hep c transmission.
Jul 27, 2005
I recently met a woman who is hiv and hep c infected. she's very healthy and all her test 'numbers' are good. I am also hiv pos. and very healthy, my question is, how risky is it for me to perform oral sex on her for contracting hep c?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Very low risk indeed. If you have intercourse, then you should use a condom, not because of HCV, but because of interchanging HIV viruses. Stay safe! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Barebacking Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.