Apparant inconistency of opinion between experts on forum

Hi

I was reading through the forum and noticed what appears to be inconsistencies between your reply and Dr McGovern. Below are the posts.

Please Help Understand. Jul 12, 2005 To Douglas : Thank you for your time, My Blood Test Shown That 1-HEP B-SURFACE ANTIGEN *Positive* 2-HEP B-SURFACE AB NEGATIVE. 3-HEP B-CORE ANTIBODY*Positive* 4- HEP B-E ANTIGEN NEGATIVE 5- HEP B-E ANTIBODY * POSITIVE* Please Let Me Know What All That Means. THANK YOU

What do these test results mean? Jun 30, 2005

I was recently tested for Hep B. These are my results: HBsAg+, HBsAb negative, HBeAg negative, HBeAb+, HBcAb+ Does this mean I am chronic? Am i infectious? Do you know how long I have had it? So confusing. Many thanks Tommy

I only ask because I have the same results but one expert says you are chronic, the other says you need to have a HBV DNA test to determine. This is very confusing.

Please help.

Thank you so much in advance.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

If you have DNA, then you have the precore mutant, if not, then you have cleared the virus. No virus, no disease. Antibodies don't really mean much, in terms of treatment. DTD

Results after 2 month of treatment hep B?
Hope for those with HIV/HCV co-infection?