Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Results after 2 month of treatment hep B?
Jul 27, 2005

Dear doc, I have gone through my tests Hepatitis B surface antigen positive HBc Ab IgG-reactive, HBc Ab IgM-non reactive, HBe Ab-reactive, HBe Ag-non reactive LFT-partial (SGoT, SGPT, S.BILL) SGOT/AST-38 u/l, SGPT/ALT-48u/l, BILIRUBIN (total)-0.5mg/dl, BILIRUBIN (direct)-0.2mg/dl, BILIRUBIN (indirect)-0.3mg/dl Ultrasound-liver in perfect condition HBV DNA (quantative test)-1, 93,000copies/ml viral loaded in blood. Liver Biospy-HBsAg-+ve, HbeAg-negative , I am chronic carrier As I am going with adefovir 10 mg from last 2 months and also yoga medicines with that now I again I go for normal test whether medicine works or not after checkup my results are Now my SGOT/AST-30 u/l, SGPT/ALT-54u/l, BILIRUBIN (total)-0.9mg/dl, BILIRUBIN (direct)-0.4mg/dl, BILIRUBIN (indirect)-0.5mg/dl My doc recommended carry on for long period its working and ok 1) So what dose it means and how I am reacting to medicine will my DNA suppressing or not and how much time it will take to undetectable level. 2) I am also habitat of smoking 6-7 cigarettes a day but not alcoholic even yet whether it will also affects that or not. 3) I am also got married soon suggest me what precaution I have to take for my wife and my baby for safer.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Your HBV DNA is relatively low to start, which is good. It will take about 3-6 months to get the virus to be negative. Once it is there, though, you have to keep it there. Your wife and baby need to be vaccinated against hepatitis B. Good luck! DTD

Previous
Hepatitis screening results
Next
Apparant inconistency of opinion between experts on forum

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.